Happiness Is Banner

Happiness Is Banner

Friday, March 30, 2012

What We're Reading

Austin is finally feeling better and back to his usual active, destructive self, which means he has little interest in the books Makayla and I are reading, because he'd rather run the dog over with a plastic lawn mower.  But Makayla and I are still enjoying exploring our little library, and this week we're reading Five Little Ducks (Raffi Songs to Read).


This book was a hand-me-down from I-can't-remember-where and nothing I'd ever heard of before, but I grabbed it on a whim the other day and started reading it to Makayla, and she loved it.  Again, the colors are bright and bold, so they are easy for her to see and she loves to point out all the little baby ducks for me.

Well, we were happily reading it all week, then Makayla's Vision and Physical therapist came for their regular visit, and next thing I know, without them even knowing that we had the book, they are singing the words to the book with Makayla and Austin!  Now that I know the book is supposed to be read in a melody and has hand motions and everything, Makayla REALLY loves it!

9 comments:

  1. this looks like a great book! Thanks for visiting Great Beauty Buys blog. Hope your trip to Ohio is smooth.

    Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks adorable. Is that Raffi on the cover?! omg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is! I don't know much about him, but I now know that he has a whole little line of books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to look for that book at the library, I have never heard of it. It looks like a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two boys, both of whom would rather torture the dog! But we are getting better with the bed time books. New follower from VB. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the song, but didn't know there was a book...we're opposite on this! so funny. Now I need to find the book. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute books!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Daisy @ http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com/p/current-contests.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny, as soon as I read the title the song started going through my head. "Five little ducks went out to play..." Now, I'm for sure going to sing it all night!

    ReplyDelete