Happiness Is Banner

Happiness Is Banner

Friday, September 21, 2012

Chasing The Dream

As I type this, I am watching the twerpies "discuss," in their adorable non-senseical language, how to properly play with the small t-ball set that we got for them a little over a week ago.  And I can't help but realize that they are getting more and more independent.  The baby stage is truly a thing of the past, at this point.

I hear lots of moms talk about how sad this makes them.  But not me.  I am proud.  My heart literally sings as I watch them play and enjoy each other and learn new things.  Every time they don't need my help for something, I know we've done something right, and they are learning and growing the way that they should.  And, maybe it's because I've had double the demands for nearly two years now, but I so enjoy these short moments of me time, even if it sometimes just long enough to open a Diet Dr. Pepper.

During the longer me time moments, I am putting all my effort into fulfilling what has been a life long dream for myself, and starting my own photography business.  I have always had a love for photography, since I was little and asked Santa for my first camera.  Santa was generous and got a very little girl and very nice, grown up camera.  It was a 35mm Olympus point and shoot, and I could have been happier.  That camera was good to me, too.

I took photography in college, but after school, I got caught up in making a career, and although I was always the person with a camera on me, I never took it too seriously, until my best friend was ready to take some maternity pictures.  I begged, and she willingly granted me the opportunity to capture this very important time in her life.


That shoot was definitely a learning experience, but I felt pretty good about how it all came out.  Those pictures sparked a very positive response from friends and family, and even a few job offers.  However, with a big move on the horizon, I put it off.  Now that we are getting settled, I am taking a chance and chasing that dream, and have finally started my business.  On Sunday, I'll have my first shoot down here, and it will be my first client that I have no connection too.  I am excited and nervous and really proud that someone, I don't know, saw my work and called me up and hired me.  I think I just might be able to do this!

Visit my website, and like my Facebook page.  Wish me luck and leave us some love!


2 comments:

  1. Just liked your FB page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashleigh! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you would be willing to answer a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete