Happiness Is Banner

Happiness Is Banner

Friday, April 6, 2012

What We're Reading

These kids are loving their books more and more each week.  Makayla will have a stack of three of four she wants to read at one time, and when we're through with that stack, we can start all over again!  I'm still not clear who is reading to who.  These are the moments I chant in my head, "Never forget this moment, never forget this moment!" because I know that it's going to pass all too quickly and I'm going to miss it so much.

This week's book was picked out by Austin.  Baby Einstein: See and Spy Shapes.  Generally, everything Baby Einstein is a huge hit around here, and this book is no exception.  Each page features a different shape and short poem about how to identify the shape, and a challenge to find all the other shapes in the picture.

With twins, there is never a shortage of things to buy, so I am obsessed with finding books/toys/clothes that we can grow with, and this book fits the bill.  The twerpies really aren't old enough to care about shapes yet, but the fun pictures and the catchy rhymes make it a lot of now, and later, it will be a great way to teach them their shapes.

7 comments:

  1. I love that! "Never forget this moment." I need to do this. What a great reminder of how fast time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear about budding readers!! Get them interested in books and they will NEVER be bored a day in their lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love books too - and on rainy days, we just seem to read one after another:) We don't have any Baby Einstein ones, but we were given a B.E. dvd as a gift once, and it was a huge hit - it was about music and instruments - they really loved it and even ask to watch it every now and then now:)
    Thanks for sharing,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are these books!  Great idea to share books for little ones.  I have a 1 year old grandson and it's hard to come up with different books for him.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share a quote with you:

    Learning
    is pleasurable but doing is the height of enjoyment.



    Novalis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute illustrations.  I'm glad books are still in demand.  I hope they don't die with all of the kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! New follower from Mom Bloggers Club. I love those books! Lately my daughter has been REALLY into anything and everything Little Einsteins. There TV series is so cute. We also have a few of their books. 

    http://youngatheartmommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete