Happiness Is Banner

Happiness Is Banner

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lions, Tigers and a Baby Giraffe! Oh MY!

Someone forgot to tell the sun that it's February!  Yesterday it was 80 degrees!  So, we packed up the kiddos at took them to the Oakland Zoo to meet their new baby giraffe, Maggie!


There's Maggie!

Makayla shows daddy the chimps!

Austin watches the chimps eat lunch.


Austin gives Makayla a ride!




Unfortunately, we totally forgot to take our beautiful red Radio Flyer wagon with us, and instead had to push this cumbersome, squeaky, front and back stroller around....but eh, live and learn.  Not a mistake we'll make twice!

6 comments:

  1. Hope your kiddos enjoyed the zoo despite the heat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute twins you have! i hope makayla's surgery will be decided, once and for all. i had the same anxiety waiting for diagnoses with my first born before but it was for a different medical condition. now all's well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me itching for a trip to the zoo!

    Such sweet pictures! I hope you'll visit my last post again--I've added you to the list of blogs receiving an Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anne - Thank you! They really did. It was warm for up hauling them around, but I think it was just right for them!

    @RockingCradle - I do too! It's been quite a journey, but I feel a great sense of security now that I know a doctor who actually knows something about her condition will be able to see her.

    @Melissa - It really was fun, especially nice to have an sneak peek of what spring will bring us! Thank youuuuuu! I'm very excited and honored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I got goosebumps at Makayla showing her daddy the chimps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kenya, It's not often we are able to capture such unique moments. It seems like out hands are always full with everything but the camera. I'm so glad I got this shot!

    ReplyDelete