You probably thought this was going to be something about all Oscars from last night. But, I have no idea what movies or actors where up for awards, or who wore what. I can't remember the last time I got to see a movie and last night I was too busy attending a good friend's baby shower followed by quality time with the fam while I snipped my coupons.
However, there was one award DID get my attention this weekend. The very sweet Melissa, at MaMe Musings awarded my little ol' blog the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. This is my very first award for...anything at all, actually! I an I couldn't be more excited to accept it!
One of the conditions of accepting this award is that I have to share seven things about myself that my readers may not have known before, and then pass the award along to other blogs fulls of ooey-gooey sweetness.
And so, my acceptance speech:
- I have seen every single episode of Golden Girls, and Mad About You.
- For a brief moment of insanity, I had hot pink hair when I was in middle school.
- Although, I didn't even like pizza, my first job was as a pizza maker at our local pizzeria. During my short time there, I perfected the art of pizza and found a deep passionate love for all things doughy and melted cheese.
- I have researched my family tree back to the 1200's. Specifically to King Edward I of England, also knows as Longshanks. What started out with a goal to simply right down as much information as my grandparents know in hopes of storing it for my kids and their kids, with a little research, it evolved into a full blown tangled tree with many branches. My tree currently has 1,028 people in it.
- Although I live, and always have, in California, I have an irrational fear of tornadoes.
|Aubrey and me in 2nd or 3rd grade|
- I hoard friends. Just like the guy on hoarders that had 257 cats. I hoard friends. Once in my life, I do my best to stay in contact forever. Facebook was made for people like me. Of my five best friends, the shortest friendship has been for seven years, and the longest will be 25 years this summer.
- I'm clumsy. Painfully clumsy. I once broke my fall with my face right outside an IHOP window, for all the retirees to see. I also do synchronized tripings with good friend while walking in too high of heels down the Vegas Strip.