Happiness Is Banner

Happiness Is Banner

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Question of the week: When did it get "easier" for you?



I've been promised by other mothers from my local "Mothers of Multiples" group that is does get easier.  Now, I'm only four months in, but I con honestly say, it hasn't.  I remember when we first got to bring the babies home from the NICU a friend of ours said, "You're really making this look easy" and I told her that I was pretty sure that this was the easy part.  I mean, even though we weren't getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time, all they really did was eat and sleep and the schedule was definitely predictable, and in sync.  I had visions of it getting harder when they were both not sleeping at all and crying all the time from teething, or even later when they started crawling and walking and were moving quickly in different directions.

Well, those weren't the triggers, but I was right.  It did get harder.  There are things that got better, like the fact that they easily sleep 10 to 11 hours a night now, and I know I will get a shower each day.  But, it got harder once I could no longer keep them on the same feeding schedule, so instead of doing 8 feedings a day, I was doing 16.  Also, now that the babies spend time awake during the day, but are too young to be interested in toys, I have trouble keeping them entertained and stimulated and it feels like they spend all their waking hours crying.

The pediatrician promises that on April 12th, the day the twins turn three months "corrected age" (our twins were 6 weeks premature), our lives will change and it will be the first of easier days to come.  And so the countdown begins, 7 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Everything improves with time. I speak from no experience in the mommy world, yet, but I think you are amazing and seriously BEAUTIFUL at how you handle the babes.

    ReplyDelete