Happiness Is Banner

Happiness Is Banner

Monday, April 4, 2011

Love is in the air

Three of my closest friends, and my cousin, were engaged in 2010 and plan to marry in 2011.  The first of which was married on Saturday to her high school sweetheart of 13 years. 

This was the first wedding I attended as an adult, and I have to say, I had a great time!  Leah is one of my best girlfriends, and like a sister to me.  We were very close friends from the moment we met, about 8 years ago, and I had the honor of being one of her bridesmaids.

The beautiful bride and her maids.
Even though the weatherman threatened for weeks that we would have rain and high winds for the wedding, it turned out to be a beautiful spring day, made even better my the gorgeous cherry blossom trees in bloom.  The couple wrote their own vows and spoke about the long windy road that brought them to this day, and for someone who really isn't too teary eyed for the most part, I have to admit, I sniffled through the ceremony and sobbed through the reception!

I am so happy for the new Mister and Misses.  I love them both very much.  A couple that marries after 13 years together is in it for the long haul!  

The happy bride and groom

And a quick thank you to my own wonderful hubby of five years!  I love you very much and am so thankful to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment