Happiness Is Banner

Happiness Is Banner

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Four months old

Today is a special day.  Not only are we attending the wedding of our very good friends, Leah and Adam, but our twins are also four months old today! 

Actually, I'm not attending the wedding, I'm in the wedding.  This will be the first wedding I'm attending as an adult and I get the honor of being a bridesmaid for one of my closest friends!  But, more about that tomorrow, after the wedding...Today, I'm talking about about Austin & Makayla...again!

Four months old.  Four months???  On the one hand, I can't believe these two are closer to being six month old babies that they are to the day they were born.  Yet, on the other hand, I can't believe it's only been four months!  I can hardly remember what life was before them. Before my day was broken up into two and half hour blocks of time, or what it was like to sleep until I woke on my own just from having gotten enough sleep.


Four month old!


I try to remind myself every day to remember every moment and enjoy these days.  I won't always get to spend all day, every day, with them, and there will come a day when they don't adore each and every kiss I smash all over their faces. 

But as much as I try to make sure I remember everything, and savor each moment, I already find myself wishing I could recall those first few weeks and months more clearly.  And I have to admit, I find myself wishing some of the hard days away and looking forward to a time when they will be entertained or easily distracted from their fits, by toys or each other.


Months 1 through 3
Realizing how quickly these last four months have passed us by, and thinking back at just how few of the moments I can recall in great detail, I'm vowing to slow down and breathe a little deeper over the next eight months, and years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment